Saturday, September 5, 2009

Locus #1 - Review

Issue: Locus #1

Writer: Adam Black

Artist: Adam Black

Letters: Adam Black

Publisher: Monsters and Nekkid Ladies

Release Date: July 2008

Pages: 24

Price: $4.50

“Issue one begins the first three-issue story arc, in which a half-human, half-succubus girl named Locus tracks down the first of her father’s killers–a man named Loco, holed up in a bar in the middle of the Arizona desert. But is Loco more than he appears to be?

A half-succubus, half-human girl with a cursed sword and a foul mouth. An invisible, inhuman killer she calls “Uncle Spook”. Werewolves. Vampires. Necromancers. Succubi. And more. So much more. Welcome to the world of Locus. Locus is an ongoing horror series broken up into three-issue stories full of Boobs, Blood and Bad Language ™. If you’re weary of all the tired old horror-movie cliches, then Locus is what you’ve been looking for. “

Artwork: 4.0 out of 5

The pages in this issue are nice and crisp. The characters look great and I love the style. Each panel is fresh and very easy to follow. It kinda reminds me of a mix of some early Shadowline Image work. I think that the issue looks great and the coloring is spot on. Awesome job.

Story: 3.8 out of 5

The story is very good for a first issue. A nice way to introduce the characters and throw in the bit of backstory needed. I liked the way the book played out while we learned everything through a discussion with two unknown characters. The interactions were good and the story moved at a nice pace.

Dying Breath: 4.0 out of 5

I like what is going on here so far. I think issue #1 really did a great job of introducing the cast and moving the story forward. The issue looks great and I can easily see myself checking out more. This one really has that 90’s feel to me, which is good, because it brings me back to when I got into comics. Love it!

If you would like to buy Locus you can get it here at indyplanet.com

For more info on the series and the creator you can go to http://www.monstersandnekkidladies.com/

[Via http://fromthetomb.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment