Sunday, September 20, 2009

9/20/09- I dreamt of nakedness, I thought of you

I don’t remember every detail… But I remember a lot…

I was on these streets. Going… Somewhere? I don’t remember if I knew where I was going at the time. At every stoplight, I would see gangsters I knew from my 1st block class. They were either driving on car frames, or they were riding on wagons. Whatever they were doing, I could see their whole bodies on vehicles. They both wore blue shirts, but the blues were different. The first guy wore a shirt that was a normal shade of blue, like the typical blue crayon. The second guy wore a cyan and white striped polo.

I ended up at my destination, which seemed to be an orchestra concert of some sort. I couldn’t find my instrument in a pile of other instruments (by the way, my violin case in real life is an electric blue colour). I thought at the time someone had stolen it, because they didn’t like me. Until then, I picked up this “contrabass” and started playing it. Only this “contrabass” was a cello, with an e string. I played “Oasis of Basses” by Richard Meyer. I knew the fingerings were completely wrong, but the notes came out right. When everyone had obtained their instruments, I saw my case, which was electric blue (it is in real life too). I put the “contrabass” back and got my instrument.

I don’t remember if I took my instrument out, but I remember the next dream segment.

It was some search. A treasure hunt, maybe? I was with Bethany and Jasmine (who I never hang out with). We somehow ended up at my house, in my room. I needed to use the restroom. Just as I turned the knob to the bathroom door, I realised someone was in there and stopped. I told the other two about what had happened. Jasmine decided to check who was peeing. She opened the door and laughed. It turns out she had peeped on George (who’s a huge player and has had sex with Jasmine before).

Somehow, we all ended up naked in my shower, giggling. It seemed funny at the time. George didn’t do anything to us, thank goodness. I thought in my head “This is weird that Cody won’t be the first guy I see naked in a shower” (Cody’s my current “limerent object”, and he’s been that for 3 years. It’s a one sided love on my part…). I suddenly felt awkward and uncomfortable.

I was back outside, running, looking for an escape or something. I see Morgan and a fence. Beyond the fence, I see my on-and-off friend (also my ex) and some of my other friends. I start climbing up this fence. Morgan joins me. I get to the top. I start having difficulties getting over and down, until Morgan shows me an easy way to get over. I thank her, and make my way down. On the way, I decide to jump down. I remember a lot of grey…

I woke up, feeling uncomfortable and unpleasant.

…. Whoa. Wha?

I went to www.dreammoods.com and looked up specific signs, just to see what the hell is happening to me. I got a lot of mixed stuff. The nakedness part in particular, as it says:

Naked

To dream that you are naked, denotes the fear of being found out and exposed about your activities and misjudgment.

To dream that you suddenly discover your nudity and are trying to cover up, signifies your vulnerability to a situation.

To see a naked person in your dream and you are disgusted by it, signifies some anxiety about discovering the naked truth about that person or situation. It may also foretell of an illicit love affairs, loss of prestige and scandalous activities. On the other hand, if you are accepting about another’s nudity, then it implies that you see through people and accept them for who and what they are. If you do not care about someone else’s nudity, then it suggests that you need to learn not to be afraid of rejection.

The nakedness in my dream… At first I didn’t care. Which makes this interpretation interesting, because I am absolutely afraid of being rejected by the boy I like, Cody. I’d rather die slowly than have him awkward around me.

After I thought about Cody, I accepted the nudity, then felt awkward and disgusted at myself for being naked around another guy besides the one I like. Does this mean that I can accept him, flaws and all, but I won’t be looking forward to seeing his flaws?

I’m not a good dream interpreter. I’d rather have a professional examine this for me.

Tell me your dreams. Someone interpret mine, or direct me to good dream dictionary sites.

I will update this post with more of my own interpretations later.

Until next dream I happen to remember.

-Izzy

No comments:

Post a Comment