Thursday, March 11, 2010

Spring Break.

So I’m back home. Spring break. At LAST.

I totally needed this. Badly. And this time I think I’m finally spending Spring Break the way I’ve always wanted to – quietly being productive. In the self/mind sense of the word ‘productive’.

I’ve got my hair cut. Another application filled out. Clean clothes. Visited with family. And still have more things planned for tomorrow and the days after that (including MUSE – AHHHHH!!!! :D :D:D:D).

I think I’ve moved up another level in maturity as well. I don’t know, coming back home this time was different.

First of all, I noticed the house-smell. You know what I mean. How your friends and family members – their houses have these unique smells to them. Not bad smells, good smells. And whenever you smell it, it reminds you of that family or friend. If I’m away for a long period of time, I can smell the smell of my parent’s house when I come home and I love it. It’s very earthy, woods-y type smell.

But I also feel like having this privilege of smelling the house smell means that I don’t necessarily live here anymore. It’s like the last secret of this place has finally been unlocked for me now that I’ve left. It’s bittersweet.

I’ve noticed a lot about my mother lately as well. How much of life I don’t feel she has explored. Because of closemindedness or fear or what have you. To feel like I’ve surpassed my own mother in life’s knowledge…it’s a very strange feeling as well. And now I’m sort of sounding egotistical, so I’ll move on.

One of my second cousins wrote a book of poetry, and my grandma bought me a copy of it because she knows how much I love writing. It’s really good stuff, but I feel very odd reading it. Poetry itself is cool, but when you read the poetry of someone you know…it’s almost like seeing them naked. Any type of meaningful writing is like that I guess.

I like it. But it’s awkward.

My head also still feels funny from when I rolled down a hill in Forest Park several days ago. I know I’m not including everything I wanted to talk about in this post, but oh well. Not like many, if any, people read this anyway.

Woo.

[Via http://youwillforgetallofthis.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment