Sunday, March 14, 2010

And It Was Good

She tempted me with her fruit

round and pink-tipped

and I took them in my hands

and weighed them against my hunger

and bent to breathe in their frangrance

and they were ripe in musk and blush and curve

and placed my lips there

beneath the heavy-laden trees

of the sweet-smelling orchard

and tasted salt and spice

and took the fruit of my woman

into my mouth and it was good

in the taking and in the giving

And so it was in that garden

that she held in her nimble

gathering hands my curious sprout

thick and hard as a rib bone

and she took it into her

all at one time and in too

she sucked the breath of life

fully into her sun-kissed chest

and she cried out O

you have made me with your rib

whole woman to my man

like the beasts and the birds

and the blooming flowers of the field

Then in our joining

and moving together there was

like a digging in soft moist loam

and there was dug in that fertile ground

a hollow place for sowing seed

and this was our knowledge

our secret place to come to joyfully

so that as we walked hand in hand

her hips flowed full as the garden brook

in spring and gently nudged against me

and we traveled east in our new clothes

with a swelling in her belly we named boy

and a swelling in our hearts we named love.

[Via http://raysharp.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment