Thursday, December 31, 2009

Day 55 (12/30/09): The Set Up

As a rule, I have a steadfast avoidance to getting set up, and awkward double dates. You know that whole saying about rules and being broken? Don’t ever listen to it.  I should have listen to my gut. I’d say my conscience, but that little shit is barely even cricket-sized anymore. Two of my best friends are a married couple I’ve known since college. And I know they want the best for me, and I know they want me to have what they have, which is why I didn’ tell them about Nicole. I keep viable options close to my chest for as long as possible. I told them about Taylor, and I told them about Kara…and I told them about the project, which is why this little set up occured.

They tried the best, and their valiant attempts led to this double date. But they forced me into going into this little vegetarian place. I ate a veggie burger at their wedding, as a mock-present, but I don’t vegetarian.  I’m a fan of red meat & thinks that will kill me sooner. Cassie was nice enough. She was cute, she had a good solid head, and a career on her shoulders as a journalist, something I can actually respect. She even had a good (relatively) taste in the music she listened to, but I couldn’t just get into the whole set up aspect of it.  I felt like my friend’s wife was a conduit in our conversation. Fielding questions back and forth and talking about the other. It was awkward, and it was forced. I don’t know if I would like this girl if met under normal circumstances, but the the circumstances ruined the girl for me. I was half expecting my friend to be like “Okay, Travis, Cassie likes kissing and you like kissing….we’ll be over there”.

[Via http://100girls100days.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment