Saturday, October 24, 2009

Unusual Encounter

As the sun sets, its silent cries

Drown in the wave’s unrelenting rumble,

And I mourn the loss of another day.

Suddenly I come upon an unfamiliar display:

A nude angel covered with long

Crimson hair, glides over the sand

Toward me. Our eyes momentarily meet,

But she quickly lowers her gaze to her feet.

My eyes slowly follow down her

Perfectly curved body, down to where

Her feet lay on top of mine. –

Our lips touch. I lose the sense of time.

Then, her foreign tongue whispers

In my ear: ” Follow the sun west,

And you will find your true love.

As for me, I must return above.”

She walks away to the hidden stairway,

As I lay still pondering the possibility

Of a dream, or a hallucination of some sort.

You would think at this point I would cavort,

But anger and regret mix and torment,

For I have lost a beauty so fair and fine

Just as I have many times before.

But no. I say, not anymore.

— NM (7.10.09)

No comments:

Post a Comment